Scooter Forum and Messageboard by Scooter Invasion Forum Index

<  Scooter Performance Garage  ~  CPI ARAGON GP 50 (PADDOCK)

AragonKenny
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote
I have just bought an '09 Aragon GP 50, the 'paddock' version.
The guy who I bought it off says it has been de'restricted in all ways, shapes and form.
However I can only get 32-35mph out of it on flat, But i can get like 63mph downhill
He also says it has lighter rollers, I dont know if this makes any difference or not.. but anyway I just want to know how to make it faster, without spending too much money.

Thanks, Hope you can help Very Happy
AragonKenny
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 am Reply with quote
Oh and I have also been told that the CPI Aragon, has the same engine as a Aprilia SR50, and the Yamaha Aerox, I dont know if this is useful information to you
jonik
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
Hi!

The restrictions are exhaust and variator ring. When you change your variator and exhaust, you can get 45mph on flat. With 70cc sport cylinder (Malossi Sport...) , good exhaust (Tecnigas RS 2...) and better variator about 55mph.

The engine is a Minarelli copy, so there are differences. Crankshaft (example 12mm piston pin) and gearbox are different.

Best variator there is for this type of engine:
Doppler S2BR
http://www.scootparts.nl/Variator-Doppler-S2BR-CPI-Keeway-468264/en/product/63139/?Rewritten=1

Another good one:
Malossi Multivar
http://www.scootparts.nl/Variator-Malossi-CPI-Keeway-Malaguti-51-13363/en/product/63157/?Rewritten=1

Good exhausts for 50cc:
Tecnigas Next-R
Stage6 Pro Replica

for 70cc:
Tecnigas RS 2
Stage6 Pro
Giannelli Shot
NatureBoy
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 am Reply with quote
if it is a minarelli copy and will take an exhaust for a minarelli...then get a yasuni. some of the fastest bikes out there are running them. ive seen them perform on a few bikes and its a huge difference. as far as the rollers, well if he was a heavier guy then lighter rollers wouldve suited him better. if youre a lighter guy, then the rollers that are in there right now may be too light and the engine is revving out too soon and that could mess with your top speed.